Transition Services Team Leader
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join the team.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective leadership, management and support in the development and implementation of high quality transition services. This may include responsibilities within the Education & Vocation Support Program, the Supported Independent Living Program, or any other program as identified on the current organisational chart. Located across the North of Brisbane this role will play a key role in supporting MCS clients and residents as part of the Residential Care and Transition Services team, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, Education or related discipline.
- Previous experience in providing services for young people within in and out of home-care settings
- Previous leadership experience within a social welfare context including team supervision and conflict resolution within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- A tertiary qualification in management, or similar.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $76,042 - $79,214 gross per annum in line with a level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS390 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for this position.
Applications for this position close: 29th June 2017 at 9am
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.