Youth Development Officer
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
The Youth Development position is responsible for working with children and/or young people placed within Disability Services Residential programs, providing daily living and development needs and ensuring their physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised to assist them to reach their full potential. The position description click here will provide you with further details.
You must be able to undertake rostered shift work across a varied 24/7 rotating roster, including 3:3 rotating shifts. You must be able to work night shifts and weekends.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A passion for working with young people
- The ability to build good relationships and earn trust and respect
- Tact and sensitivity
- Patience and resilience
- Initiative, enthusiasm and motivation
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to people’s changing needs
- Completed or currently studying Cert IV in Community Services (or higher) or related discipline
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people with a disability, or other relevant work/volunteer experience
- A commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Office.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It would be beneficial to have:
- An understanding of trauma-based behaviour and behaviour support practices
- An understanding of restrictive practice and the foundational principles of engaging and not engaging in restrictive practices
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate of $27.26 in line with a Level 3 of our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS609 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
This application closes on the 27th April 2018 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.