Family Support Worker - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander - Connected Families
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Mercy Community Connected Families Program located in Ipswich has a Permanent Full Time opportunity for a highly motivated professional, with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a vibrant team environment with families in this region.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within Connected Families - an Intensive Family Support Service. This position will provide planned support to referred families, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families, with a view to supporting highly vulnerable families to become stronger, capable and more resilient, and improving their overall wellbeing. To see more about this role, please see the position description Click Here.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Level 3 requirements:
- Relevant qualifications (certificate or higher); or
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and/or families in relation to complex issues
Level 4 pay requirements:
- Relevant qualifications (certificate or higher) in addition to significant experience in working with children and/or families in relation to complex issues.
- To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
- A highly developed understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant Mercy Community procedure
We encourage you to view website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offer a competitive remuneration package of $53,886-$61,335 in line with a level 3 or 4 of our Enterprise Agreement (level dependant on skills and qualifications). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS612 and follow the prompts. Please submit a Resume and Cover letter addressing the Key Selection criteria listed in the Position Description.
Applications close on 30th April 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal screening checks throughout employment.