Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Based at Nudgee and working in residential aged care, you’ll be responsible for providing lifestyle support that enable residents to participate in a full and purposeful life through a range of activities which give meaning and engage each individual's skills and abilities. In this role you will:
- Identify each resident's individual needs with respect to capacity, skill and preferences related to their lifestyle activities.
- Complete a lifestyle assessment for new residents and develop/review comprehensive, individual person centred care plans for residents in consultation with the resident, their family and relevant staff members.
- Facilitate and lead activities; interacting directly with residents and encouraging the participation of residents, relatives and staff.
- Provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to resident activity plans.
- Provide flexible mode lifestyle programs that offer various activities.
- Participate in case conferences as required.
This is a part-time role working 65 hours per fortnight.
- Cert III in Aged Care and Cert IV in Leisure & Lifestyle or higher.
- Knowledge of documentation standards for lifestyle activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain any legislatively required personal history screening as required.
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive remuneration in line with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities to ensure you grow in your career with Mercy Community
- Supportive team culture to tackle the big challenges
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
Applications close Friday 21st September 2018 at 4pm.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS754. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.